Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Boys vs girls

Savannah is almost two and her brothers are 12 and 8. Only a person who lives with them day in and day out can truly see the magnificent (and not so magnificent ) differences between these two "species."

Me: Hunter and Parker-- you have not combed your hair for school.
Hunter: It's okay, athe bed head look is still in!
Parker: I don't have to comb my hair because it is short enough it won't go anywhere.
Me: Come here Savannah, let's brush your hair.
Savannah (screams-- and not a short one, but a long drawn out soprano squeal that goes on until she has no breath)
Me: Come on, we need to comb your hair.
Savannah: I pretty -I pretty
Me: Do you want Mommy to put some Pretties in your hair?
Savannah nods and smiles.
Me: okay, lets put this barrett in.
Savannah-- long drawn out scream, she then whines and cries.
Me: Do you want this headband?
Savannah--- long drawn out scream, she then whines and cries.
Me: Do you want Piggies?
Savannah: She nods, smiles, then laughs.
Hunter: (hair still tustled--) can I just kind of brush my bangs to the side-- is that good enough?

2 comments:

Melanie said...

The good Lord KNEW what he was doing when He only gave me boys! I can't fix my own hair, much less someone else's..haha!

Alison said...

Ha Wendy! I feel your pain every morning!! Mikayla told me just last week "I'm tired of fixin' my hair", which really means she's tired of me fixing it.