Monday, February 4, 2008

Men

Men. How can you love someone so much and want tear his face off at the same time? As much as I love him, I sure do get aggrevated with his controlling demeanor, anal idiosyncrasies, and insecurities. How in the world did he survive before he married me? He must not have eaten, because he doesn't seem to know how to make any meals for himself. He must not know how to do laundry, because he will allow his uniforms to pile up and flow onto the floor and then says he doesn't have any clean uniforms. I work 40+ hours a week. I can't do it alone. I won't do it alone. Positive points? He is a wonderful daddy to the kids-- He plays with them and helps out with them. He is a good snuggler-- yes, snuggler-- although he is a typical man at times, he does take the time to just snuggle. He does small things that sometimes go unnoticed. he always makes sure I am covered up at night and kisses me when he comes to bed-- even if I am sleeping. He always empties the trash without me telling him. I know-- how hard is that to believe?! I try to count my blessings every day--he is a good dad, he doesn't abuse us, he does love us, and I know without a shadow of a doubt he would die for us. So why can't he make a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich for himself-- instead of whining that all he had for lunch was a pack of crackers and gatorade? Go figure.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Men! Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em! :)

I am SO proud of you for starting a blog! Now, I feel like I have you across the hall again...or at least across the Internet!