Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Folly Beach!





Last week we went to Folly Beach With my inlaws, Brad's Sister, Betsy, her Husband David, and their two children. 11 People in one beach house. And any one who knows me--- between being at the beach with all the sand and the company we had, One week was plenty. But the kids had a blast. (and Yes, that would include Brad in that statement)





I got up early each morning and spent 40 minutes slathering sunscreen on everyone-another 20 dragging everything out on the beach: (chairs, EZ up shelter, toys, coolers) and then spent about 2 hours on the beach with the kids before I had to take Savannah up to the house for lunch and a nap. I would normally take some sandwiches down for the kids and Brad on the beach once Savannah was asleep. (My in-laws would come up for lunch daily and Ma-in-law would banish herself to the bedroom and play her DS light. ) After Savannah woke up I would slather her up with sun screen again---- and myself, and we would hit the beach again. An hour and a half later She and I would head back to the beach house to start helping with supper. (Once again washing all the sand off---) I felt like all I did was slather sunscreen on the kids and my self and then wash sand off!






When we first got to the beach, Savannah was terrified of the ocean. She screamed and cried as the tide got closer and closer to our shelter, and one day she even climbed in my lap and pulled a towel over her head. By the end of the week she was playing in the surf with out tears.



She loved the tidal pools, and she and her 4 yr. old cousin, Tyler, played in the tidal pools each morning. The boys had a blast riding the waves on their boogie boards and catching minnows in the tidal pools. They even made a couple of sand castles. I wish I had a picture of one of their sand castles, because when my boys make a sand castle, it is extraordinary. Brad brings a large garden shovel from home to dig!








There were only minor blow ups between the children during the week-- I was a big girl and played nice with everyone-- even Ma-in -law.




Brad gained a brownie pooint by taking me to dinner the first night and leaving the kids with the inlaws--- but he lost his point on th e4th night when he chastized me in front of the whole family at dinner for buying 6 fuze drinks for $1 each. (I was still a big gril and told him he should fuss at me in front of 10 people at the table--- That shut him up.-- especially when my sister in-law -- chimed in and said-- she's righ,t Brad.




All in all--- I am glad to be home and away from the sand.







No comments: