Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Valentines

This morning Hunter and Parker had Valentines for me along with a pretty gerber Daisy to go in the yard when it warms up. Brad gave me a pretty white rose and a sweet card. We have our Dinner date tomorrow night. I gave Brad a tshirt he has been wanting and a card. The boys got Videos, and Savannah got her favorite: Chocolate. Brad and Hunter gave up sugar for lent-- and I gave up the desserts, candy, chocolate. So all the chocolate I get from students is going to go in a drawer for after Easter.

Brad got some sleep last night-- which is a good thing. Brad is a terrible insomniac. Me? My head hits the pillow and I shake the walls of the house with my snores. Brad has restless leg syndrome, sleep apnea, too much stress, and way too much going on in his head. When he does get sleep he says it is not restful. Of course, he blames all of his sleep problems on me. He claims that he used to sleep fine before 1995. (What is THAT supposed to mean?)

Thursday's Thought: Do children really think we don't know what they are up to? Case and point: Hunter: Mom, I need five bucks to buy chocolate for school.
Mom: Five? You have to be kidding me-- How about $1?! ( I give him a $1 bill. )
(After recieving a dollar from me he slinks back to his room and emerges quikly-- empty handed bu pockets jingling and bulging with change he dug out from his bank. After a shake down, he had $6.00 in change--- I think he is more addicted to chocolate than his mother.)

No comments: